FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is that on the wristband?
That's called a QR code. A QR code works like a bar code, but it is universally accepted as the superior option. It's widely accepted by modern smartphone makers and software companies. When scanned, it will redirect to a website that displays the information you input into the NexHUB app. This means you can edit the information at any time, and you don't need a new ID.
Why QR codes?
- Any modern smartphone can scan a QR code. iPhones and some Android phones have it built within the camera. Android users have to use Google Lens; this can be pulled up by holding the home button for a few seconds.
- Even if part of the QR code is missing, it can often be scanned as usual.
- QR codes are very popular with the software development community, so it is widely used by many modern technologies and is well supported.
- Many EMS personnel are already familiar with QR codes and how to scan them.
Where can I find information on your privacy policies?
Why do I need to download an app?
We require you to download and use our app at least once because we want you to have 100% control over your information.
We gave all our users the freedom to edit their information, allowing them to make certain things visible, or delete all their data with the click of a button.
Is the App on the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store?
Currently, the app is only available on the Google Play Store, but we have every intention of releasing it to iPhone users as soon as we can. Subscribe to our newsletter at the bottom right to hear from us when we do.
How are you going to protect my information?
We take multiple steps to ensure the protection of your data. Although we cannot publicly release all our methods of security, here are some methods we can disclose:
- All user information is stored on Amazon's AWS servers. This is a cloud hosting service, meaning instead of having servers in the company basement, it's all hosted in a secure data site alongside thousands of other company's data. Some big names that use AWS are: Netflix, Facebook, ESPN, LinkedIn, and more.
- In the app, you have full control to put only the information you want visible, and you can also delete or edit that information at any time.
- Your NexID can be removed and flipped upside down, so the QR code is facing downward. This will prevent someone from scanning your ID unless they remove your wristband and flip the ID face right side up.
Should I always be wearing the wristband?
The user is the best person to answer this question, since everyone's situation and level of risk is different. At Nexus Health, we recommend users wear NexID as often as possible, especially when they leave their homes.
I don't like the product's appearance, are there other options?
Not at this time, we're still a startup with a limited budget and decided to create a product that has utility but isn't a fashionable statement. If you have a specific style or colour that you would like, we're open to suggestions. Let us know on the "contact us" page or through our social media pages.
I just got the wristband, and it's uncomfortable, is this normal?
Yes, because of the durable material that makes up the NATO strap, it usually needs to be broken into for about a day. If you still notice it after a few days, then you can request a refund.
You guys seem very flexible and easy going. Why is that?
This is one of the benefits of being a startup company without corporate overlords scrutinizing our every decision. We believe our flexibility and openness is the first step in building relationships. We want to talk to and treat our customers like individuals. We want to learn from you. We welcome your ideas, questions, comments, and criticism.
I don't like the product, can I get a refund?
Of course, we have a 30 day no questions asked return policy. Send an email to email@example.com to start the process.
What is your shipping policy?
Half of the shipping cost is covered by Nexus Health, and the customer covers the other half.
We love having free shipping when we're buying items online, but we had to confront the reality that we can't afford free shipping as a startup. We hope you understand and we'd like to thank those who have accepted the additional costs and support us still. The exact cost of shipping is calculated at checkout.
I've purchased a NexID wristband; now what?
Thank you for your support. To better answer that question, go to this link.
What technologies did we use to create our software?
Go to this link.